I wanted to share a NEW piece I just finished this evening. On a group I'm in on Yahoo - Rat Lovers United - one of our members posted a wonderful picture of a squirrel in her backyard. Shari gave me permission to do a painting from her picture. This is a preliminary/practice drawing
Here's my next installment of my past watercolors. The old building is actually a pen & ink with watercolor washes. Pen & ink is my second favorite medium to use. I think I am a 'penaholic' - I can't seem to NOT buy an ink pen or a new ink if I have the money.
I just joined a group called Everyday Matters and we share our artwork with each other and everyone else on our blogs (if we have them). I wanted to start off with some of my past work in watercolors. Watercolor is my FAVORITE painting medium to use. It can be delicate or intense, depending on how you apply it. It forces me to be a bit looser than other art media. so, enjoy these first pieces from my archives.....
I don't normally do this, but I have GOT to share a hint on food......
I have a bus driver who is from New York City. The other day we were discussing the various brands of hot dogs. He was talking about the brand they sell in the stands all around the city. Since we can't get that brand in this part of the country. He had said that Nathan's were a close second. Now, here in Tulsa, Nathan's are a very pricy hot dog at around $3.50 -$4.00 a package. Needless to say, at that price I'd never bought them. so today, they were on sale and acting on this New Yorker's suggestion I bought a package. OMG! They are awesome!! If hot dogs were steaks, Nathan's would be the ribeye. Go out - buy a pack, grill or fry (don't boil), add sauerkraut, raw onion, mustard and cheese on a bun and enjoy!
My freebie today is a Sig Tag kit version of my scrapbooking kit with a few differences. Have fun with this kit.
I'm getting this post in before the projected storms hit Tulsa. You never know when you'll lose power!
The Father's Day countdown starts today at Lisa vollrath's site! Grab a sheet of images (or two, or three---you never know) each day between June 5th and Father's Day, June 15th: http://countdown. tentwostudios. com/ If you have a blog or group, share this link. He items are always worth the trip.
A BIG CHANGE
My freebie of the day is the first in a new group of color elements. These packs include 3 quilt blocks (one of which is a frame).
These are the rules: 1. Link your tagger http://girlfrienddesignz.blogspot.com/ and list these rules on your blog. 2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. 3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. 4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Heres my 7 facts:
1. I LOVE animals....especially rodents. I currently have 6 female rats, 2 female mice, and 1 male mouse. Over the years my pets have included - skunks, a squirrel, pony, pigs, chickens, dogs, cats, & birds.
2. I am moderately disabled. I am in a wheelchair from Polio and can't go anywhere without help, or stay alone. My internet is my life. :)
3. I have been an artist/crafter since I was about 7 years old. I have taken decorative painting lessons and am mostly self taught through books and internet.
4. MUST HAVE COFFEE ......
5. My favorite food is anything made with potatoes and my favorite candy is caramel.
6. I often design while listening to heavy metal or alternative rock.
7. I hate talking about myself and have troubles participating in groups.